1. Find out what she already knows: Clear up misconceptions. Make sure that you and she have accurate information.
2. Present factual materials simple: Adapt materials to your daughters age and ability to grasp it.
3. Offer practical information:Common questions young girls ask include: “What do I do if I get my period at school? “What menstrual period should I use?” “ How do I use them?”
4. Share your experience: By reflecting upon and sharing your own experience of menarche, you can provide much needed emotional support for your daughter.
5. Promote continuous learning:Begin talks with your daughter before she reaches menarche, and continue such talks as necessary, even after she begins menstruating.